Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Krista Ramsey post

The Krista Ramsey article that I chose to read was the one titled, "Carolyn Greco Feels Like a Ghost". The article is about a woman who feels like she has no purpose in the world, she's been married twice and divorced twice. She became a mother at twenty one, studied hard, plowed right through college and then when back to school a couple years later for a master's degree. Nowadays she's used to being ignored and when she put out a notice for a room for rent, with her phone number in tearable strips at the bottom of the page, there wasn't a single taker. She has trouble finding the motivation to get out of bed in the mornings and doesn't feel like there is a reason to.

Carolyn Greco is a well-educated woman who worked as a flight attendant, taught college courses and was an executive assistant. She now lives in Grace Place Catholic Worker House, a women's shelter in College Hill.I think that Krista Ramsey wrote this article to show people like Carolyn Greco that they are not alone with the whole being ignored thing. There are a lot of people in the world that can relate to this story, being ignored and treated as if you don't exist your entire life, I can see why it would be hard to get out of bed in the mornings if I were being ignored like that. Thankfully I have plenty of friends and family members that know that I exist, that I don't have to feel that way.

I hope that this article inspires other people to do something the next time they see someone sitting alone at lunch or standing alone at a social gathering, because I can only imagine how it must feel to be treated as if you were a ghost. I also hope that Carolyn Greco can someday find some happiness in her life so that she doesn't have to keep searching for reasons to get out of bed each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment